Students can Download Science Chapter 5 Animals in Daily Life Questions and Answers, Notes Pdf, Samacheer Kalvi 7th Science Book Solutions Guide Pdf helps you to revise the complete Tamilnadu State Board New Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Tamilnadu Samacheer Kalvi 7th Science Solutions Term 3 Chapter 5 Animals in Daily Life
Samacheer Kalvi 7th Science Animals in Daily Life Textual Evaluation
I. Choose the correct answers :
Animals In Daily Life Class 7 Question 1.
__________ is the daily essential product which is obtained from cattle.
(c) Both of them
(d) None of them
Animals In Daily Life Question 2.
Eggs are rich in __________
Animals Are The Greatest Gift Of Nature True Or False Question 3.
Which parts of the goat and sheep is used for manufacturing clothes?
Animals In Daily Life Class 7 Questions And Answers Question 4.
The cultivation and production of silk is known as __________
Animal In Daily Life Question 5.
Sorter’s Disease is otherwise known as __________
II. Fill in the blanks:
- Proteins and __________ is rich in milk.
- __________ is extracted from bee hives.
- Anthrax is caused by __________
- __________ is the strongest natural fibre.
- Peace silk was produced in the year __________
- Bacillus anthracis
III. True or False – If False, give the correct answer :
Animals In Daily Life Class 7 Ppt Question 1.
Animals are the greatest gift of nature.
Horse hair is used as bristles in small painting brushes.
Wool is the fibre derived from the silk worm.
Correct statement: Sill is the fibre derived from the silk worm.
Ahimsa silk is otherwise known as Mulberry silk.
Correct statement: Ahimsa silk is otherwise known as peace silk.
Pencillin is the best medicine for curing Anthrax.
IV. Match the following :
|4.||Sweet Liquid||Andhra pradesh|
|2.||Peace silk||Andhra pradesh|
Water: pipe : Electric current: : ______
Copper: conductor : wood: : _______
Length : metre scale : current: : _________
Milli ampere: micro ampere: 10-3 A : : _________
VI. Very short answer :
Write about any two dairy products.
These two are dairy products. They are Nutritive food containing protein and calcium are made from milk.
What are the two types of fibres that are obtained from animals?
- Wool – silk fibre is obtained from the cocoon of silkworm.
- Wool is got from fleece of sheep or goat
What is shearing?
The fleece of the sheep is removed from its body. This is called shearing.
Write the symptoms of Anthrax.
- The symptoms are fever, cough and shortness of breathe, similar to a typical pneumonia.
- Sometimes it may leads to nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. .
Define – Sericulture.
- Sericulture or silk farming is the cultivation of silk worm to produce silk.
- It is the rearing of silk worms to obtain silk.
How should we treat animals?
- We must love and protect animals.
- We should safeguard them and treat them with care.
Who invented the Ahimsa silk?
Kusuma Rajaiah, a Government officer from Andhra Pradesh proposed Ahimsa way of silk production for the making silks without killing the silkworms.
VII. Short Answer Questions :
What are the characteristics of wool? Give any three.
- It is resistant to heat, water, wear and tear.
- It absorbs moisture.
- Wool insulates against cold. So wool is a good insulator.
- It does not wrinkle easily.
Write about any three uses of silk.
- Silk has natural beauty and elegance.
- It gives comfort in warm weather and warmth during colder months.
- It is used in the manufacture of classical and high fashion clothes, modern dresses particularly silk sarees, the elegant of beautiful dresses.
- It is also used in household for making wall hangings, curtains, rugs and carpets.
- It is also being used in the manufacture of surgical threads for sutures.
What are the common diseases that are found in
|Salmonellosis (diarrhoea)||–||Caused by bacteria|
|Ranikhat disease, (Fowl pox)||–||Caused by virus|
|Aspergilleses||–||Caused by fungus|
VIII. Answer in Detail
Write about Ahimsa Silk.
- It is also known as Peace silk.
- In 1992, Kusuma Rajaiah, a Government officer from Andhra Pradesh state of India proposed ahimsa way of silk production for the making silks without killing the silkworm.
- It involves a humane method specifically letting the worms to hatch and then using the vacant cocoons.
- Traditional silk manufacturing methods involve boiling the cocoons of the silk worms and then sorting out the threads, which is used later in silk production.
- It has been supported by many people who are interested in the welfare of animals.
Write about the hazards of silk industry.
- Generally, the workers in silk industry affected with arthritis is they stand for a long time reeling the silk into yarn.
- They also develop back pain and visionary problem and skin injuries.
- Some time they may suffer from respiratory problem like asthma and bronchitis due to poor ventilated area of their work.
What are the major steps involved in this wool factory?
- The processing of wool involves five major steps.
- They are as follows Shearing, Grading (or) Sorting, Washing (or) Scouting, Carding and Spinning.
- Shearing:- The fleece of the sheep is removed from its body. This is called shearing.
- Grading (or) Sort:- The fleece from the same sheep may be different from different
parts of the body. It is sorted out into separate piles of similar nature. This is known as Grading (or) Sorting.
- Washing (or) Scouts: The sheared skin is washed thoroughly with soap (or)
detergents to remove dirt, dust and grease.
- Carding:- The dried wool is carefully removed. These fibres then passed through the rollers which are covered with fine sheet of thin wire teeth. This process arranges the wool into a flat sheet called a web.
- Spinning:- The web is drawn into narrow strand and then passed through spinning machines. The spinning machines twist the strands into yarn. The yarn is wound to form balls of wool. This yarn is either weaved into fabric (or) retained for knitting.
Write the uses of the wool.
- Wool is a multifunctional fibre with a range of diameters that makes it suitable for clothing, household fabrics and technical textiles.
- Two third of wool is used in the manufacture of garments including sweaters, dresses, coats and active sportswear.
- Blended with other natural (or) synthetic fibres wool used as adds drape and crease resistance blankets, anti-static and noise absorbing carpets.
IX. HOTS :
Silk fiber is used to manufacture parachute. Why?
- Silk is the strongest natural fibre.
- It is thin light in weight, strong.
- It is easly to peak and unfold.
- It is also fire resistant.
- It is dries quickly.
- It is also resistant to abrasion and chemicals.
Honey is recommended for all. Why? What is its significance.
- Honey has high levels of sugar.
- It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
- It can prevent cancer, heart diseases reduce ullcer and digestive problems.
- It also soothes coughs and sore throats.
- Hence it is recommended for all.
X. Assertion and Reason :
Assertion : Wool is the fibre derived from the fur of animals.
Reason : Animals like goat, Yak, Alpaca and rabbit yields wool.
(a) Both Assertion and reasoning is correct
(b) Assertion is correct but reason in wrong
(c) Assertion is wrong but reason is correct
(d) Assertion and Reason are incorrect
(a) Both Assertion and reasoning is correct
Assertion : Pencillin or ciprofloxacin.
Reason (R) : These medicines cures cow pox.
(a) Assertion is correct Reason is wrong
(b) Assertion is wrong reason is correct
(c) Assertion is wrong reason is also wrong
(d) Assertion is correct and reason is correct.
(d) Assertion is correct and reason is correct.
Samacheer Kalvi 7th Science Animals in Daily Life Intext Activities
Activity – 1
Some of the food items are given below. Find out their ingredients and sources.
Samacheer Kalvi 7th Science Animals in Daily Life Additional Questions
I. Choose the correct answer.
Honey is rich in _______
Fowl pox is caused by _______
Scouting process during processing of wool refers to _______
India stands _______ in silk production in the world.
Cashmere, Alpaca. Muga are types of _______
II. Fill in the blanks.
- _______ are boiled to get the silk.
- The production of silk is called _______
- The silk moth feed on _______
- The larva of a silk worm is called _______
- The process called _______ involves removal of dried wool.
- _______ is the strongest natural fibre.
- Egg laving chickens are called _______
- The _______ bees collect the nectar from flowers.
- Silk is the secretion of _______
- The spread of Anthrax can be controlled by _______
- mulberry leaves
- silk moth
III. Very Short Answer.
How are chickens classified?
Chickens are broadly of two types.
- Layers (egg laying chickens)
- Broilers (one’s that are reared for meat).
List few requirements for poultry farming.
- Sufficient space
- Plenty of water
- Proper ventilation
- Regular feed rich in proteins, fats and vitamins.
Name two plant fibres.
Cotton and Jute.
List few characteristic features of silk.
Characteristic features of Silk
- It is very soft,comfortable and versatile
- can be easily dyed.
- It is the strongest natural fibre.
- It has a poor resistance to sunlight exposure.
IV. Short Answer :
Write a note on Anthrax.
- The disease Anthrax is caused by Bacillus anthracis by handling contaminated animal hair and contact with live stock during hair processing.
- The symptoms are fever, cough and shortness of breath,
- It may also lead to nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
- Pencillin or Ciprofloxacin is given as the best medicine for treatment of anthrax.
- The spread of the disease is controlled by vaccination of animals and by burning or burial of infected animals carcases.
- It is the duty of the employer to take care of the industrial workers by providing hygienic and well ventilated work place.