Tamilnadu Samacheer Kalvi 12th Computer Science Notes Chapter 5 Python -Variables and Operators Notes
Key features of Python:
- It is a general purpose programming language which can be, used for both scientific and non-scientific programming.
- It is a platform independent programming language.
- The programs written in Python are easily readable and understandable.
- In Python, programs can be written in two ways namely Interactive mode and Script mode.
- The Interactive mode allows us to write codes in Python command prompt ( > > >) whereas in script mode programs can be written and stored as separate file with the extension . py and executed.
- Script mode is used to create and edit python source file.
- Python breaks each logical line into a sequence of elementary lexical components known as Tokens.
- The normal token types are
- Keywords K
- Operators K
Operators used in Python :
- Arithmetic operators
- Relational or Comparative operator
- Logical operators
- Assignment operators
- Conditional operator
- The input () function helps to enter data at run time by the user .
- The output function print () is used to display the result of the program on the screen after execution.
# are considered as comments and ignored by the Python interpreter.